The first essay in what may become an important feature of The Map to promote sustainable tourism that includes local live music.
This route joins up 5 folk clubs in the former West Riding of Yorkshire, one each day from Monday to Friday. They are all weekly clubs so this can be ridden most weeks of the year.
I rode this route as a tryout during week commencing 21 September 2015 and enjoyed it greatly. As a result I’ve refined the route, written a detailed set of blog posts about it and provided maps and gps track for anybody who would like to follow it. It’s all here:
Accommodation. There is bed and breakfast and hotel accommodation near each of the clubs but unfortunately only a couple of convenient campsites.
- Start, Guiseley Station (local train from Leeds)
- Monday 21 miles to Skipton Folk Unplugged
- Tuesday 35 miles to Cross Keys Acoustic Jam, Knaresborough
- Wednesday 18.5 miles to Otley Folk Club
- Thursday 28 miles to Topic Folk Club, Bradford
- Friday 30 miles to Bacca Pipes Folk Club, Keighley
Lots more information, including maps, at the ride web page